Articles on Art
The Articles on Art collection is dedicated to the gathering of some of the very finest articles on art viewed from the depths of psyche and the breath of imagination.
"The great danger of a psychological approach to a work of art is that it may kill the poetry, in which case such an undertaking is worse than meaningless."
(Dark Wood to White Rose: Journey and Transformation in Dante’s Divine Comedy by Helen Luke)
With the words of Helen Luke in mind, we are compiling articles published and unpublished which explore art with the soul’s eye.
We hope this collection will be a place of pleasure and research. It contains articles on contemporary artists, as well as earlier époques and cultures.
- Amor and Psyche or The Journey by Virginia Beane Rutter
- Breaking of the Vessels: Destruction and Creation in the Art of Anselm Kiefer by Mary Wells Barron
- Chinese Avant-Garde Art: Body and Spirit Struggle for a New Cultural Identity by Chie Lee
- Niki de Saint Phalle: a Psychological Approach to Her Artwork and the Symbolic Significance of the Tarot Garden by Paul Brutsche
- The Language of the Fishes by Frances D. Lichtveld
- The Myth of the Messenger by Jules Cashford