Art and Psyche
Art and Psyche, 2008
Art and Psyche, 2008, held in San Francisco, revolved around the mutual influence of the visual arts and psychoanalysis, especially Jungian analysis. At the conference, members of the analytic/psychotherapy and art/art history communities explored Jungian-inspired notions of psyche and its visual representations as it manifests in artistic expressions emergent both in the studio and in the consulting room. Common to all was the centrality of image. We are pleased to present a growing collection of papers from the conference.
- A Postscript to The Palette of Anselm Kiefer by Jacqueline J. West, Ph.D. & Nancy J. Dougherty, LCS W
- Art, Love and Psyche by Penelope Dinsmore
- Birds of Prophecy: Images from ARAS by Ami Ronnberg, Managing Editor and Curator - ARAS New York
- Following Seeker: Landscape, Music, Myth and Transformation by Deborah O'Grady
- Jung's "Art Complex" by Sylvester Wojtkowski, Ph.D.
- Labyrinth of the Shadow: History and Alchemy in Adolph Gottlieb's The Prisoners by Michael J. Landauer and Bruce Barnes
- On Articulating Affective States Through Image-Making in Analysis by Mary Dougherty
- Permeability by Margot McLean and James Hillman
- Reflections on Bidirectionality of Influence in the Matisse/Picasso Relationship and in Clinical Practice from a Dynamic Systems Perspective by Linda Carter, MSN, CS, IAAP
- The Abstract Unconscious by Michael Evans
- The Abstract Unconscious in Painting by David Parker
- The Mirror of Art: Reflections on Transference and the Gaze of the Picture by Joy Schaverien
- The Palette of Anselm Kiefer: Witnessing our Imperiled World by Jacqueline J. West, Ph.D. and Nancy J. Dougherty, M.S.W.
- The Visible and the Invisible in Art: the Secret Space of the Image by Diane Fremont
Art and Psyche, Sicily, 2015
Art and Psyche in Sicily, Layers and Liminality, held in Siracusa, Sicily in 2015 was an international conference including papers, art events and experiential workshops exploring depth psychology from a cross-cultural perspective.
- Amelia: Images of Mystery The Transformation of Shadow in Women by Joan Golden-Alexis, PhD
- Apocalypse Now: A Psychology of Conception in Lorenzo Lotto’s Annunciation of 1535 by Irene Cioffi Whitfield, Ph.D.
- Art and Psyche in Sicily Call for Proposals
- Beautiful Dreamer: Landscape and Memory by Jennifer Pazienza
- COLETTE, A Beautiful Dreamer, The Transformative Persona by Sarah Berry Tschinkel
- Following Bronze-Age Migrations by Ann W. Norton
- Shield of Achilles by Andreas Jung
- The Spiracle in Art and Alchemy by Diane Fremont
- Writing Stories in Time: The Unfolding of the Objective Biography in Life and Work by Stefano Carta
Art and Psyche in the City, 2012
Art and Psyche in the City, 2012, held in New York City, was a multinational conference exploring the interface of the arts, psychology and city life featuring presentations by painters, musicians, poets, actors, photographers, psychotherapists, analysts and expressive arts therapists.
- A Lesson in Circulation: Spiritual Oases in the Concrete Jungle - Slides by Aurélie Athan
- A Lesson in Circulation: Spiritual Oases in the Concrete Jungle - Text by Aurélie Athan
- Abstract Photography: A Bridge to Imaginal Worlds by Ryan Bush, PhD
- Cannonballing into Tar by Matthias Leutrum
- Inspiriting Body/Embodying Spirit: The Art of Kiki Smith by Diane Fremont
- The Leslie Street Spit Project: A five year journey tracking the creative instinct by Clarissa Lewis
- The Native American Sense of the Sacred: The Tipi as a Collective Transformational Vessel by Joan Golden-Alexis
- The Shadow Side of the City in the Work of the Soul: Refuse as Resource, Rejects as Raw Material by Janice Shapiro
- Wrestling with Azazel--Jung and Modern Art, A Critical Appraisal by Sylvester Wojtkowski, PhD